Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 4 - Yoga

I feel great after yoga. Easily my favorite routine thus far.

I was not surprised at how difficult it was to perform because two of my friends who did P90X told me to watch out for the yoga. Also, it was HUGE to invest in a yoga mat so I would not slide around while trying to contort myself into the poses.

My wife did the routine with me and she stated that this P90X version of Yoga is pretty much the intermediate level of yoga. I was able to keep up just fine, but there were a couple moves that I just was not able to perform.

I was surprised how much I would shake when holding a particular pose. I was sweating through the first phase of the program and felt very relaxed at the completion of the routine. My flexibility improved even through just one session of this stuff. I'm going to continue doing yoga after the completion of this p90x stuff -- it's that good. Flexibility is something I've never been very good at, and it's a lock that this discipline is great for the ol' flexibility.

Next up, I will talk about equipment I've purchased for this ever more expensive program.

1 comment: